Scotias round laminate flooring - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having real trouble laying these after finishing the actual floor over the weekend.

I know that you're supposed to cut 45 degree angles to do the interval corners, although we have a cutting device and it still seems to leave gaps between the joings, but we have no idea how to do the external ones i.e. round fireplace etc.

Can anyone give any advice relating to these?

Thanks,
Lu Lu

Sponsored Links
just my opinion

if you are using a mitre box (or similar) to cut the mitres @ 45 degrees, and there are gps in the joins that would imply the walls are not at 90 degrees to each other which is quite common.

to cut 45 degree angles for external angles you use the other 45 degree mark, but try a scap sample to test it, and mark it so you know which direction the cut should be either \ or /

thanks for the reply. Sounds simle enough but for some reason we just can't get the outside edge right. Have tried cutting the other way. Ah well. will keep trying :(

Sponsored Links
Lu Lu said:
we have no idea how to do the external ones i.e. round fireplace etc.
Put a ruler on the external corner and draw a line parallel on each side then you should have a point where the 2 line meet. From the point of your external fireplace to the 2 line you have drawn that is your angle, then use a sliding bevel for your sawcut. Not easy explaining it on here, if you're still not sure, I try again !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back