Scottish Debate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So has last night's TV debate helped or hindered our Scottish forum users in deciding on independence?

Sponsored Links
They wont be leaving, I know the grass is supposed to be greener.
I personally like most brits (I think) don't care one way or the other.

edit spelling mistake again :oops:

We werent allowed to watch it South of the border, even the on line streaming link broke down !!!

I think it showed Salmond up for the self serving fool he is. He want's to be a legend in his own lunchtime. (and by the look of his waist, his lunches must be bloody legendary) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I hope the Scots go their own way for their own sake as the recent governments there seem to have a much better social conscience than our ruling elite..

However since that will probably mean perpetual Tory rule I'll probably consider moving north should there be a yes vote!

I think both countries would be better of separated.

But Scotland would be stupid to split without sorting out the currency and EU question first, utterly critical issues that salmond has no grip on.

I was recently in Ayr, Glasgow, Montrose and Stonehaven and from what I gathered over the few weeks is that Salmond is viewed as a bit of a clown, nothing I saw in the debate will alter that view.

I hope the Scots go their own way for their own sake as the recent governments there seem to have a much better social conscience than our ruling elite..

However since that will probably mean perpetual Tory rule I'll probably consider moving north should there be a yes vote!

Hope you have a magic money-making machine to take with you :D

Bye bye and mind how you go :D

Oh dear. I think you've let the cat out of the bag there!

Oh dear. I think you've let the cat out of the bag there!

Yep Elly is either a staunch Labour voter (because his dad, granddad and great grandfather voted that way) or ,, he's one of these greenies, committed to saving the planet (at the expense of the rest of us) ;) ;) ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
i hope the scots vote yes,why not have a crack at it.
but if you go independent ,it means you have to pay for the goal posts next time you take them home from wembly :LOL:

i hope the scots vote yes,why not have a crack at it.
but if you go independent ,it means you have to pay for the goal posts next time you take them home from wembly :LOL:

You cant say 'why not have a crack at it', when it is as serious a matter.

I think this is something the Scots must decide for themselves. It doesn't really concern me, other than the fact that Scottish independence would probably result in no more Labour governments in England, something that could only be good for the country.

Despite all the shouting by the vociferous minority, I'm sure the majority of Scots are too sensible to want an independent Scotland. I expect to hear of a resounding 'no' vote.

I'm sure the majority of Scots are too sensible

Too cowardly more like it.

Scotland could be better off out, but it would be a painfull transition, they would need their own currency and this would inevitably lead do difficult times as it would be worth less than the pound (but their spending power relative to income could become greater).

Sponsored Links
Back