Scottish u-value for concrete walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just to clarify what is the u-value requirement for concrete block wall 200mm (loft conversion) in Scotland. Insulation will be placed in timber frame with gap of 25 mm. I am getting different messages here because local Council telling me that U-value in my case should be 0.2 where Scottish regulations apparently says 0.27 which make huge difference in terms of insulation thickness which convert into money.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi ipoppy, I'm in England and the BRegs for England and Wales are different to Scotland so was unsure about your situation. However, an extract from the celotex website reveals:-

Target U values for domestic buildings in England and Wales are 0.2 W/m2K in roofs insulated at rafter level, 0.16 W/m2 in roofs insulated at horizontal ceiling level, 0.3 W/m2K in walls and 0.22 W/m2K in floors.

In Scotland there is a two tier system according to the efficiency of the boiler.

For oil boilers with a minimum SEDBUK rating of 85%, natural gas boilers with a rating of 78% and LPG boilers with a rating of 80% the requirements are as above with the exception of flat roofs and floors where the requirement is 0.25 W/m2K.

For boilers below those ratings, the requirements are 0.18 W/m2K in roofs insulated at rafter level, 0.16 W/m2K in roofs insulated at horizontal ceiling level, 0.27 W/m2K in walls and 0.22 W/m2K in flat roofs and floors.

SEDBUK is the Seasonal Efficiency of Domestic Boilers in the UK.

For special requests, contact the Celotex Technical Centre.

hth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back