Scrap Copper prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
somebody said that 'clean' copper is 6K per ton.

is this right?

I go by £4\kg (4k\ton)

Sponsored Links
i thought it peaked a few months ago @ £2900/ton

i would assume this WAS clean copper. obviously less for brazerie (sp)

all i know was you got about £30 for a 36- 18!!

wish i was still installing!

The metal price is the suppliers price for refined copper in bulk before fabrication into tube or whatever.

The scrap man will typically give you less than half that to cover his profit and the lower price paid for impure metal.

I know that they do seperate copper and what they love is clean new copper tube offcuts.

I once saw a large skip FULL of 1/2 celcon blocks. The brickies evidently cut a new block in half and threw the other half away. Presumably the skip driver delivered them somewhere else where they were used as "half blocks" !

Tony

Sponsored Links
£70 for 2 36x18 and a bucket of copper. Love it. At least there's a small upside to the huge leap in tube prices.

£35 36 by 18
£40 60by12
last one i took out got 150 for 60kg of old pipe plus 40 quid for the cly :LOL:

used to love it when the scrap man turned up to take the old cast boilers

always get theboiler sitting out the front of the house on view :D

anyone else read that article in the paper about a 2pence piece being worth 3p in scrap money! :)

Agile
you got it ,,,bang on ..." its worth gold /etc ...B*LL*CKS !. it is ....;)

depend on weight a drink , ...:)

£3000k a ton is about right. reckon on about £60 for a rubble sack worth of copper. No wonder the ****** love it!

bster said:
so its £3k\ton - is that for clean copper?

no, I think thats the grade below cylinders. I never take clean copper so don't know what that goes for. Even a small tescos bag of brass gets around £20 so every little helps :LOL:

I always decapitate cylinders, wash out and scrape off the foam. Otherwise they take off a big margin for limescale and the foam.

It varies massively, place to place and time to time. I got £4500 per ton at a place last year, but £2500 per ton 6 months later. :cry:

Last week I got £3000/ton clean copper and just over £35 for a 36 x 18.

36/18 Laggedand a mid sized plumb centre plastic bag not tightly packed . 60 quid today

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back