Scrap Copper prices

anyone else read that article in the paper about a 2pence piece being worth 3p in scrap money!

Anyone else notice you can pick up the newer copper coins with a magnet. obviously not copper any more. :D

Sponsored Links
If you check it is copper coinage before a certain date
Similar to the old pre 1947 two bob bits that where worth about 7 times face value due to the silver content

Edit
just checked its pre 92

Sponsored Links
does anyone hav a clue what i would get for a bag of 20kg's of old pennies ?? are they classed as clean copper ?

many thanx

does anyone hav a clue what i would get for a bag of 20kg's of old pennies ?? are they classed as clean copper ?

many thanx

Depends how old they are. But if you are thinking of scrapping them probibaly about 20 years in the pen.

many thanx
You mean proper pre decimal 1d :?: . If so put them on eBay a few @ a time - slot machine collectors will buy them :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back