screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Just got on to a job where the customers ground - workers have got the concrete in at the wrong level. In fairness I think they've just misread the drawings slightly, however, with the insulation i've got it looks like i've only got room for a 50-55mm S&C screed - is this enough?

Sponsored Links
Is the insulation going on top of the slab, i.e. directly underneath the screed?

Yes mate - All slab work done by others - i'm on shell and internals - but the make up was type 1, DPM, slab, Celotex (150mm) and then screed

Bloody hell, what the hell is 150mm celotex doing in there? Get that down to under 100mm and it'll still comply, job's a good'un!

Sponsored Links
We tend to work on 75mm or above.

55mm is very lean on an un-bonded screed. A bit too lean me thinks. It will not stand impact well and could 'curl' being so thin.

Is there UFH too?

I usually use my firm of spreads - a decent mob from down this way - the only thing is there never that comital with advice, hence me canvasing for opinion.

Bloody hell, what the hell is 150mm celotex doing in there? Get that down to under 100mm and it'll still comply, job's a good'un!

I've just done some measurements and I think I could get away with 100mm - i've got a standard construction (300mm therm/conc) extension with 100mm full fill in the walls and a flat roof deck with 120mm all over. small roof lantern and small french doors in?

Would 100mm work here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back