screening suggestions please

B

breezer

What i have

I have a shed at the back RHS of the garden.
the garden has "proper fence" all the way round (the one with arris rails)
obviously the fecnce does not go infront oh the shed door.

what is currently there

curently there is a trellis panel infront of the shed.
the trellis has mile a minute growing all over it (and next door)
I have got fed up chopping the mile a minute evry 20 minutes (feels like that) so i have watered it with weed killer.

dont want

I dont want any plants, thought about bamboo or willow screening, changed mind.

It cant be havy unless its self supporting (going on / in a trellis)

may be
I was sort of thinking of a glass wall, but i am not a bricke
It cant be totaly transparent because its a screen (glass bricks would obsure the view, i hope)

suggestions please

what do you suggest i use / put on the trellis instead?

View media item 2442

Sponsored Links
I don't know if it's possible as I haven't seen it done that way, I was thinking using glass blocks using maybe concrete posts and building the glass blocks between them, they do an easy kit for the average diy'er with the correct spacing bars. Maybe an upside down gutter on top or cement a small roof tiles. You may need to put a small footing to support the weight. The video is here

Or sheet of glass, I'm changing my shower door which is approx 1.8 h x 860mm w which is costing me £31 which including sending it away for toughened then maybe a wooden posts with beading

thanks masona.

i think looking at the vid the glass blocks are not an option for me. :cry:

glass shower panel novel idea, i will think on it

I was walking past a neighbour's house the other day, it's white painted render, and has a screening wall built in those pierced ornamental blocks with a wide arch.

Some of the blocks look pierced, but are infilled, the infill painted a darker colour to contrast with the white painted part deceives the eye.

Sponsored Links
a square or rectangular block, where the outer perimeter is solid, then inside it is a concrete shape such as a fleur-de-lys or a star or flower, also in concrete, with an open space between the two except where they touch.

they might be called pierced blocks but it is all moulded into the shape so the decorative part is moulded in profile.

the infilled ones have the same matching shell and pattern but the "open space" is filled in solid, but is sunken from the surface so the decorative part is in high relief, and if it is painted darker you might think it is open.

the ones I looked at were probably in a 9" square unit but I think there may have been some cast with two squares in a rectangle about 18" wide x 9" high so that you could build in bond but it looked like square blocks,.

Thanks JohnD, now i know what you mean.

Unfortunatley my brick wall building skills are on a scale of 1- 10 zero

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back