Screw fixings...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie alert!

Feel a bit out of my depth on here, some of you posters know your stuff and well here goes.. Rather than mask what i'm doing, i'll spew it all out. No laughing at the back...

I'm wanting to turn a spare room into an adult 'play room' and have in mind a lot of fixings on the walls, and into the ceiling beams that I can attach eye-bolts into to hook ropes, and various things onto. ;) Im my laymans mind, i guess some sort of metal rawlplug that'll take a bit of wear and tear

I'd like to end up with a row of recessed threads into said beams and walls which, I can pick and choose to use, and when not being used, I could just place a blanking cap/shield to cover up the hole so it doesn't look so, well, obvious ;)

Not sure though which kinds of bolts, anchors,plugs, etc would be best suited to the task and wondered if anyone has suggestions.

Cheers in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Good suggestions....

The drop in anchor looks the right thing for masonry. Just need to find something for the timber side.

Mod 11: Sorry about the multipost, only realised afterwards there was probably a better forum section, then it al went belly up at my end. ;-(

Visit a boating shop, lots of pulleys, eye, hooks, self locking cleats etc all suitable for your purposes, err so I'm told. ;)

You may want to check the size of your ceiling beams, alot of them will only be capable of supporting the actual weight of the plasterboard and a small box of baubles. You dont want your beam breaking and a load of baubles landing on your face now do ya!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back