Screw stripped on Bristan kitchen tap, how can i remove it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bristan MZ SNK EF C easyfit kitchen tap.

There has been a drip from it for a while and got new cartridges for it, on trying to remove the tap from the base i found that the hex screw drive had stripped and could only manage to get one out of the two.

The other one it stuck in but there is little to no grip with the allen key, i have tried slightly different sizes to see if something will grip it but with no luck.

Are there any ways i could try to grip this with something? unfortunately the screw is set in the tap a little bit so you don't see the sides so its a bit hidden.

What makes it a little more awkward is that the screws are towards the back direction of the base and theres only about a 12cm gap to work with due to the kitchen window sill.

Its a bit of a pain as i really need to fix the drip but the sink and easyfit taps are all part of the same range, so if i break the base i would likely need to buy a new tap and have to replace the whole sink as well.

Any help would be great

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Show us a pic James.
It's unlikely that you would need a new sink if the tap has to be replaced.

Why are you removing the tap to change valves ,that's usually not needed ??

Sorry, I have since realised i don't need to remove the tap and have just replaced the valve.

I do still need to see if i can get that screw out and try and get a replacement screw though as if i do ever need to get it off in the future or want to replace the tap i would rather try and sort it with knowing about it.

Sponsored Links
You could try releasing from under the sink ,it's rather Like a clamp that the grub screw pulls upward .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back