Screw through cable

Sponsored Links
If you are worried about hiding the slack then why not chase in a backbox and fit a blank plate over (obviously use the backbox for the repair!!)

If you are worried about hiding the slack then why not chase in a backbox and fit a blank plate over (obviously use the backbox for the repair!!)

That blank plate would like real nice behind the curtain rail.... :LOL:

If he can get the cable to connect in a choc block, then it should reach into a crimp, why the need for slack !?

Sponsored Links
to get the tool behind the crimp to crimp it.. you need a little slack, not much, maybe an inch.. but if the cable is flat to the wall then you'll struggle..

and how come BAS gets the credit when i gave the same advice first? :cry:
TTC said:
At the end of the day, its happenned, I think BAS has given the specific advice already......

( ok I missed the soldered connection bit, but be honest, no one solders T+E together.. )

photographic proof?

I will resist the temptation to stoop to the levels of other posts.......... :rolleyes:

i have never soldered twin and earth together,i just use my crimper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back