Screwfix Circular Saw - £30, any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so I need to cut 10 sheets of 11mm OSB2 to line the shed and only have hand and Jig saws.

I saw this Circular Saw for £30 in Screwfix so ordered it with a bunch of other stuff I have coming on Thursday.

Does it look any good, will the supplied blade be OK for the 11mm OSB2 or will it rip it to shreds as the teeth look massive.

As you can tell, I know nothing about circular saws!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-enb455csw-185mm-circular-saw-220-240v/45917

No customer reviews so I guess it's fairly new, or people have avoided it as it's so cheap!

Sponsored Links
I just stumbled across this review too, panicked, text a mate who is the other side of the M25 and it sppears he's passing me tomorrow so dropping off his 18v cordless dewalt, bingo!

Shall cancel the Screwfix order.

if your only going to be using it for basically 1 job,then it doesnt matter whether its pants or not,it should be able to do the job.and if it doesnt get a refund.

Sponsored Links
I bought a homebase own brand approx 15yr ago for £16.99 I bought it for one job when I had left my other at home, its had some abuse and it still works today.

It's a tough one as I pretty much figured for my light use it would be OK - but then that one review put me off. With the loan Dewalt I now see no need to pay the £30 and have the ballache of returning it if it's crap!

I have ten boards, each should need only two cuts, so 20 cuts to make in total - that's £1.50 a cut at £30! That said, I'm sure a time will come in the future when I need one again, I'll practice with the Dewalt though!

For future ref - BnQ have the big wall cutters to cut sheet material. If you know your measurements they chop it up for free (if you buy it from them! they cost a little more though) I found that a lot less hassle when I needed replacement floorboards cut (from ply)

For future ref - BnQ have the big wall cutters to cut sheet material. If you know your measurements they chop it up for free (if you buy it from them! they cost a little more though) I found that a lot less hassle when I needed replacement floorboards cut (from ply)

Thanks - this is the route I've gone before, however, I need to measure and precisely cut each board as I'm using them to line a shed for an office conversion. I'd have to be very confident on my measurements to get B&Q to do it! I'd also need a bigger car as some are 8ft long so won't fit.

That and my local B&Q don't have a board cutter, Homebase for me - they have a flashing '2 minutes' countdown that you press for service - took them an impressive 20 minutes last time!!

Bought from Wickes as they do free delivery over £300 and unfortunately for me I spent over £300 on insulation and OSB for the shed!

Stop being silly folks. All power tools are designed, manufactured and tested. If Screwfix sell it - then it'll be good. It'll come with a 12 month warranty too. The price is immaterial. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back