Screwfix External Render Beads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have any of you guys used Screwfixes white uPVC external render beads? I`m concerned they might be a bit cheap and flimsy. Do they come well packaged as they have to travel quite far to get to me?

Sponsored Links
I have, and disliked them. They're just not as stiff as a metal bead, so if you store them against a wall they develop a bow, and can easily kink.

They arrived safe and sound though - the courier wasn't an issue.

Gary

The only plastic beading that I use, is the one that goes around the radius of a plasterboard archway,the rest are too flimsy.For everything else,internal or external I would use galvanised or stainless steel.These come in longer lengths than plastic as well.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
I thought the plastic angle bead is used for plastrboard?

You can use plastic corner beading for plasterboard,and some people probably do,but galvanised "thin coat bead" gives a stronger job, and is what most tradesman would use for the job.Again,they come in 3mtr lengths. Corner tape is also widely used,but again, I prefer not to use it, exept around plasterboard window reveals,or on any other corner that wont be taking any knocks.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back