Screwfix trade account benefits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a letter from Screwfix offering me, as a valued customer, a trade account. It recognised I'm not a trade person so it wasn't by accident.

I do spend a lot of money in Screwfix, should I take up their offer? I'm not sure what benefits it would bring, or if I'm being tricked somehow!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think trade cards are great - I use mine to scrape the ice off my windscreen or smooth down a phone protector screen to get the air bubbles out.

Didn't think I'd get a special card, not sure my purse can take any more!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the super helpful reply jj4091, I've never heard of Google before so that was really useful.

The letter they sent said:

- Exclusive deals (no idea what or how good perhaps someone with experience could share)
- Dedicated counter (any time I go in, no one is serving at it. Plus I don't have Snickers work trousers so I won't fit in)
- Next day delivery (already had this)
- Same day click & collect (already had this)
- Optional trade credit (no real benefit to me personally)

So I'm struggling to see what the benefit would be, unless I'm missing something obvious due not having had a trade account before.

Its free so why not?
You used to be able to get a free hot drink at the trade counter too...

With so many "traders" accounts in the red and debt collection agencies running after the debtors, I don't understand why Screwfix keeps on inviting people to have trade accounts.
My local screwfix manager not long ago said that there were people deliberately opening such accounts to max the credit and disappear.
Clearly this scam is for anyone who doesn't care about credit score etc. as they make you sign a personal credit liability agreement, even if you run a limited company.

Haven't used credit for a very long time, (1980's),so a trade card would not benefit me either.
My maxim is; If I haven't got the money do without until I do have it.

I got a letter from Screwfix offering me, as a valued customer, a trade account. It recognised I'm not a trade person so it wasn't by accident.

I do spend a lot of money in Screwfix, should I take up their offer? I'm not sure what benefits it would bring, or if I'm being tricked somehow!

Thanks
A goot ROT is to assume that any time any organisation offers you as a "valued customer" some special treatment or facility they are actually grooming you to spend even more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back