Screwfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else having problems with SF website , its been unavailable for weeks and customer services are not a lot of help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As above, working fine for me.

I'm afraid there's nothing for it...

You'll just have to go in-store and order things from the catalogue, one item at a time, getting the assistant to bring them out and compare them to the bits you've brought with you.
...and only after creating a queue extending way out the door, you've got to leave in a huff, without taking the parts, because Toolstation have them cheaper! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else having problems with SF website , its been unavailable for weeks and customer services are not a lot of help
Yes, me. You are not alone! The app works, sometimes, but the web siteis still not accessible from my phone, a Samsung. Cleared the cache twice and rebooted. Still have problems

Plus 1 - works ok for me, using iPad.

Doesnt work on 3 mobile phones, ipad ,and two laptops

Are you using all of the devices via your home internet connection?

If yes, the problem could be with your ISP. They use webcaches to reduce the load on their network, you can bypass them though by using different DNS servers, eg OpenDNS.

Although I can access the site, for some bizarre reason, I can not PING it. When I open a command prompt and type ping https://www.screwfix.com , it times out and shows that the IP address is 81.148.198.11. As a test I pinged this sit and all was fine.

Their SSL cert (padlook) seems to be fine.

Issued On
Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 14:57:38
Expires On
Monday, 18 September 2023 at 14:57:37

It might be a good idea to contact them via Twitter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back