Screwing curtain rails into metal framed windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We're moving into a new office on Friday and unfortunately we couldn't find a handyman to help us decorate, so we're doing it ourselves :)

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a little advice. We've bought some curtains and curtain rails from IKEA which we want to put across the tops of the large windows in this picture:

.. to make this:

Does anyone know how best to attach curtain rails to windows with metal frames? I was thinking of using some form of sharp screws, but if the window frame is hollow it might just come loose really easily, or might damage something inside. We need to be pretty careful what we do as we're only leasing the space for a year at the moment, so perhaps some form of 'no more nails' glue might be better?

Thanks for any advice you can give :)
Mark.

Sponsored Links
:))

all the help and tips offered to home owners and not one can help this shop keep?
How many of the professionals here offering out hints and tips i wonder, work for themselves o_O

Laughing my ****** off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back