Screwing loose uPVC window to walls

Mask it up to protect plastic and use foam. Foam sticks to upvc instantly so cover.
Few blasts of that and a few hours and all good. Window silicone around. Feet up

Thanks for the tip :)

Any DPC protruding from the reveal should be folded and tucked behind the frame, not cut.

When you say "behind the frame, where do you mean? I can't visualise or figure it out, sorry.

Do you think otherwise?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This is the principle

upload_2021-11-19_14-18-15.png

I must be having a bad day! I can't figure out that picture. If I was standing outside looking directly inside through the window, would I be looking in the direction of the red arrow?

upload_2021-11-19_14-18-15.png

Is the window open roughly 45 degrees?

Sponsored Links
In that diagram, isn’t the red arrow is on the inside?
And the window is angled, like a bay.

It’s not the best of examples, don’t think most of the windows I’ve seen fitted are done that way, even if it is the proper way.

Perhaps @Mr Chibs ... But in all honesty, the longer I look at it the more confused I get!

I'm back from work now though, and there was some loose wall in the reveal so I've pulled that out and taken another couple of photos which show the DPC deeper into the wall. I thought using those perhaps we can figure what needs going when the expanding foam comes out....

Cheers

Oops, forgot to add the photos...

IMG_20211119_183209410.jpg

IMG_20211119_183000572.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back