Screws and plugs for TV bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to put up a metal TV and video bracket onto a brick wall in the kitchen. The bracket is quite heavy even before the 14" TV is on it. The instruction suggests using at least 4 screws to hold the bracket but does not say what size to use. Any advise on mounting this heavy object such as type and size of screws and plugs to use would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
7mm hole, brown wall plugs and 2" 10's, or maybe 2 1/2"

I have bought Tommy Walsh 45mm plugs size 10, and 50mm screws. :oops:

From experience two #10 x 2-1/2in screws in decent quality Fischer plugs into good quality masonry will hold an illuminated signbox weighing 60 to 80kg (although when I used to put them up we generally popped-in about 16 or so screws for a 14 to 16 foot sign box) - the actual pull-out figures are something astonishing like 400kgf per fastening in brick. The longer the screw the better as it will tend to wedge itself in place in the event of a pull-out failure. The most important thing is to make sure that the masonry is good quality and that the hole is not oversize. If your wall is aerated concrete or blockwork consider using an injection fastener to hold the bracket

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Got them from Wilco for a £1. A selection of different size plugs. It comes with a screw and drill bit template. I suppose they will be useful for future DIY. Thanks for advice. Got the correct plug now but having second thoughts about whether I want to have the TV on a bracket. Think I may take it back to the shop for a refund. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back