mounting bracket for flat tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi..can anyone recomend a super slim wall mounting bracket for my samsung 40" tv. i want to mount it as close to the wall as possible, all the cables will be coming through the back of the wall ( from the inside of my garage ) could i mount it without using a bracket, for instance on screws plugged into the wall or does that sound daft ?
cheers
mickcoulson[/b]

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
you could use threaded rod screwed into the holes in the tv with a lock nut and washer with a further nut to space off the wall for ventilation and a working gap for sockets or cables then through the wall and nuts and washers in the garage
you could off course use space plugs on the the rod as they are easy to adjust with your fingers providing youve left enough space :D

http://www.space-plug.com/

Sponsored Links
i want to mount it as close to the wall as possible
This is generally not a good idea because the TV is likely to overheat and fail early. Better to cut a recess into the wall so that air can still flow freely up behind the TV. I'd say that, in general, an inch is not enough (because of "viscous flow" and turbulence) but it's better than what you are planning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back