Screws - Self Tapping or should I just buy my own??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I wasnt too bad at the flat pack procedure - managed to put up things like TV cabinets, chest of drawers etc. but unless ive lost my "magic touch" Ikea's Aneboda has got me stumped.

I managed to put the frame together - no problems - actually thought what a doddle but that good feeling soon came to an end. Went to put the chest of drawers together and for some apparent reason they have what are plastic white screws which looks like you have to manually screw in with you fingers as there is no "pozie" or cross line to use a screwdriver in -as im not getting anywhere im wondering if they are "self tapping screws" that i need to knock in and then screw.

Is this a normal thing with Ikea cos I usually find their stuff easy to do. Is this something i could just go to my local diy store and changefor a screw that i can actually screw in.

Hopefully someone out there knows what im talking about. thanks for your time in reading this.

CJ

Sponsored Links
Built 2 of these last week.

You just push them im, once there in they dont come out.

Not great though....i tapped them in with a hammer.

Thanks Steve-R - I thought i must have lost the plot at least know i know what these "things" are!

CJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back