Scribing/Cutting Wall Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Currently in the midst of a shower room renovation in a loft conversion. I'm a software engineer by trade but mucking in on some of the DIY jobs. We are fitting the Bathroom panels at the moment and because it's a loft room they have curved out the ceiling.

I was wondering what the accepted/best way would be to get the curve cut on the actual wall panel. As per the image below:
Web capture_19-1-2024_13814_photos.google.com.jpeg

Doing straight walls has been fine, but the 900mm boards just come over into the curve annoyingly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Equally the end board has that lovely angle on, am I best of just using an Angle Measure for that?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You can use a fine toothed saw and a stanley blade.
Measure carefully and score a line on the back of the panel to be cut.
Make sure you have a fresh blade and no distractions.
When you have a good line to guide the saw, continue cutting up to the edge, then finish off with the stanley.

I keep an angle bevel for awkward corners like that. Good luck.(y)

If your panels are corrugated PVC then you can also use a fine toothed jigsaw blade (metal cutting). Just let it cut in it's own time, don't rush it.

I used two different panels from the same manufacturer strangely one of the panels was prone to chipping more than the other.

Sorry guys, I meant how would I measure out the shape of the curve on the board...is there a best way to do that?

I've already cut a couple of boards down as did downstairs bathroom but thinking more about the shape at the top.

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, I meant how would I measure out the shape of the curve on the board...is there a best way to do that?

I've already cut a couple of boards down as did downstairs bathroom but thinking more about the shape at the top.
Measure the angle on the wall-to-ceiling then find a piece of cardboard or stiff paper to make a stencil - line it up to the wall and if you're happy with that, line it up on the panel and get jiggy wid it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Equally the end board has that lovely angle on, am I best of just using an Angle Measure for that?
put some masking tape on the tiles

draw a line vertically and a line horizontally, then tape a piece of card which is cut to an accurate rectangle just below the lowest part of the curve, then scribe a line around onto the card -cut it to the shape, push it up to the curve and tape in place, then measure from bottom of card to ground and set out on your pvc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back