scuff on upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a scuff on a upvc door, what can i use to remove the scuff and bring the spot bk up to the glossy upvc finish, recently i had someone remove a black mark where he sanded it down and then polished it, but i never asked him wot it was, ive tried normal polish, can anyon help me?

Sponsored Links
My new window cill had a deep scratch during installation. They got rid of it with a solvent that 'dissolves' upvc. Unfortunately I don't know what it's called but call a local firm and they will know.

recently had some facias and soffits stored under plastic all winter
unfortunatly some leaves had spent around 5 months "sweating" as there was some dampness there this left a competly indelable leaf marks on the several pieces

tried meths petrol nitramours ajax cream cleaner petrol white spirits tooth paste and a few others i have forgotten nothing touched it

i didnt want to use anything abrasive like sandpaper emery ect and thought steel wool may dammage the surface
then tried a nylon scourer no joy then tryed the scourer with all of the above still no joy then i though brasso or t cut to give a bit of abrasion

lots and lots of rubbing with t cut and pan scourer later 95% perfect mark all gone but pollished finnish slightly different but not noticable from 6 ft away :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
I had a job where cardboard had been wet on the pvc and left a brown mark, to get rid my supervisor told me to use a fine wet and dry sandpaper, then buff it after with bees wax, worked pretty well!

SJRSJR said:
My new window cill had a deep scratch during installation. They got rid of it with a solvent that 'dissolves' upvc. .

Waits a few months and wonders what the yellow patch is on the cill?

most marks, scuffs, scratches can be removed with various polishing papers then liquid seal and buffed to its original condition and in my case, guaranteed for life.

Search on Yell.com for your nearest Plastic building materials stockist.
They should sell UPVC industrial Solvent Cleaner, costs approx £2.50 for quite a large bottle, be careful not to inhale it too much and wash hands several times after use.
The solvent should be strong enough, that is what i use to professionally clean white UPVC with.
Other than that you can buy stronger stuff called Cosmofen which costs about £10 pr bottle. This comes in two strengths 10 + 20, you would need 20

Do Not use a SCOURER as it scratches the plastic and the dirt will become ingrained, eventually making it worse than it is
Hope that helps

P.s. When u call the supplier ask if they sell to the public as some are trade only

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back