SD CARD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 4gb sd card for my camera fujifilm WP says card not initialised - how do i initialise it it also shows a low battery on camera but when i swap it for a 8gb card the low battery light is not displayed the 8gb card works ok . Its just that i do not know how to initialise the 4gb card

Sponsored Links
How old is the camera and how old is the SD card..? Might be that you are using a newer sdhc card which may not be compatible with the camera... I have a Canon ixus which is 3 years old but will not take the sdhc cards now available...have to use the older SD cards...

It seems it is possible that the SD is not formatted, or may be locked (little switch on the card fixes this), or the contacts may be dirty .

On page 85 of the camera manual it tells you how to format the card.

hope this helps...

Could you please be so kind to explain what it is i have to do on page 85 as i do not have a manual , thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll be able to download the manual from fuji's web site. I'll bet that's what alwest197 did to help you with your query. Why don't you go have a look. It's not difficult to do :)

The fact you say low battery warning I wonder if faulty card using too much power?

Although not had a problem with SD cards I have had problems with memory sticks especially with MAC computers. Some sticks draw too much current to be plugged into the MAC monitor or keyboard and only work when plugged direct into computer or a powered hub.

SD cards are graded I normally used class 2 but for use with video one would likely need a class 6. My camera slows up after about 10 shots while it catches up writing to the card. With a class 4 I would not have this problem. It is likely the higher classed cards use more power!

Out of interest the class is a number in a C my older cards are unmarked wonder what is written on your card?

The following are the ratings of some currently available cards:

* Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)
* Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
* Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
* Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)
See here for more about Secure Digital cards. Example of Class 10 card.
51j3x6FJH8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back