SD2 Speech dialler/ Scantronic 9751 help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm having a problem getting the appropriate dial out message from my Scantronic 9751 alarm through my SD2 speech dialler. The SD2 has been connected to the phone line successfully and the test messages work fine. The 9751 works fine also in isolation from the SD2 with external and internal sounders working fine in an alarm situation. When paired together though the SD2 phones out a voice message when unsetting the alarm which I don't want but doesn't send a message when I set the alarm off. I have used the 3 outputs on the 9751 and matched these on the SD2 but am unsure whether I need to look at the alarm or the dial out to solve the problem. Any help appreciated!
Regards, Steve.

Sponsored Links
Why 3 outputs. You need a "set" an output and and an "intruder" output. Check your output programming and ensure they are going to the relevant inputs on the dialler

The 9751 has an onboard connector which you can use to send signals to the dialer - if you have the installer manual - look at the section called "Fitting a Plug-by Communicator" on page 33? if your looking at the board, then its just above the telephone socket. has 12 pin connector. use 0v and 12v to power the dialer, and then op1 to op3 to tell your dialer what the reason is for the call (fire/burger/panic etc) as you wish...

Ok thanks guys.
I connected three outputs originally to try and achieve what unclebob on has mentioned as in the three alerts; fire, intruder, pa as I have all three connected.
I'll try this through the other port as suggested though and hopefully should do the trick.

Sponsored Links
Note that if you used op4, then there is a comment in the manual as follows:

Note: Comms O/P4 will be active when the system is unset. This is normal, as
a system being unset is equivalent to an alarm signal.

so make sure you are not using coms o/p4 (green on the standard harness!)

Comms O/P1 (Brown) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P2 (Orange) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P3 (Yellow) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P4 (Green) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P5 (Blue) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P6 (Purple) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P7 (White) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Comms O/P8 (Grey) -ve applied (+ve removed) in alarm
Line Fail input (White/Brown) +12V applied to indicate telephone line fail
Tell Back input (White/Orange) +12V applied to change from engineer to customer reset
0V (Black)
12V (Red)

you can then also set the output types on the panel (cant remember what option but its in one of the menu's!)

If you have a few inputs on the dialler its a good idea (panel dependant) to have a signal for 'alarm' and a signal for 'confirmed alarm' so you can make an informed decision if the alarm does goes off.

Great, really appreciate your help with that gents and I've got a clear idea forward now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back