Sealant for bottom corner outside bath glass panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bottom on the outside of this glass bath panel has started to leak very slightly, so I'm looking to fix this with some sealant, see pic where I've arrowed where the water is slowly coming out of.

Do I just require to purchase a sanitary grade transparent sealant, but first I suppose I have to remove what's already on it before applying new sealant, also is it necessary to be applied using a caulk type gun or just using a finger?

As you'll see the wall needs tidied up too but I've got the stuff to do this.

Recommendations welcome.

Attachments

• sketch-1687093851073.png
    sketch-1687093851073.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
Sanitary grade will do, CT1 is far better, but also far more expensive, you will need a caulk gun, if it's a tool you won't be using often you can pick up a cheap one for a couple of quid.

Sanitary grade will do, CT1 is far better, but also far more expensive, you will need a caulk gun, if it's a tool you won't be using often you can pick up a cheap one for a couple of quid.
I've read this, would you say by reading the following that it can be applied without removing what's already on it?

It will successfully bond glass, mirrors, wood, polystyrene and even metals (including lead). CT1 sealant's unique, ground breaking formulation of a hybrid polymer means that it can be applied on wet surfaces and even underwater! This makes it the perfect sealant for baths, showers, roofs, floors, pools and even boats.

I may have gone for adiseal which has better reviews however it only comes in white which I suppose as its so small would be hardly noticeable.

Sponsored Links
I've read this, would you say by reading the following that it can be applied without removing what's already on it?

It will successfully bond glass, mirrors, wood, polystyrene and even metals (including lead). CT1 sealant's unique, ground breaking formulation of a hybrid polymer means that it can be applied on wet surfaces and even underwater! This makes it the perfect sealant for baths, showers, roofs, floors, pools and even boats.

The more of the old stuff you remove the better the job will be. I think it would be waste of time going over the old stuff. A razor scraper will be ideal but be careful not to scratch the bath.
I'm not familiar with adiseal.

The more of the old stuff you remove the better the job will be. I think it would be waste of time going over the old stuff. A razor scraper will be ideal but be careful not to scratch the bath.
I'm not familiar with 3964&source=hp&ei=6QePZJvYOMy6gQbH4oGgDg&oq=how+to+remove+sealant+before+applying

The more of the old stuff you remove the better the job will be. I think it would be waste of time

going over the old stuff. A razor scraper will be ideal but be careful not to scratch the bath.
I'm not familiar with adiseal.
Multisolve seems an easy way of removing old sealant according to this...

It looks as if the leak is from the pivot screen. If so no sealant will solve your problem

It looks as if the leak is from the pivot screen. If so no sealant will solve your problem
Hi, where the leak is coming from is not from the pivot section, it's from the non moving section closer to the wall.

That section doesn't move from my image.

Detailing actually where the leak is.

Attachments

• sketch-1687100209537.png
    sketch-1687100209537.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
I would recommend that you spray water on each section and work out where the weak point is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back