New Bath Panel fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new side bath panel fitted, the room has lino laid, the builder customer care guy who fitted the new long side and short end side looks to have used the same white sealant on the wall end as he has along the bottom of the bath panel, should he not have used painters caulk for the end against the cream plasterboard painted wall?

And should he not have used clear sealant for the bottom of the bath panel?

Sponsored Links
If the panel is white then sealant is less likely to stand out if also white.
Dec caulk is not waterproof so unsuitable .

If the panel is white then sealant is less likely to stand out if also white.
Dec caulk is not waterproof so unsuitable .
Ah right, so as it's a bit of a mess wall side, what's the best way of making it look better as he's managed to get sealant on the wall not just along the gap.

I'm worried as paint won't go with sealant.

Sponsored Links
To remove the white sealant that he put down along the bottom of the bath panel and lino, would it be best to remove the panel again and will the sealant removal cause a mark against the lino?

Should be able to scrape off , razor blade or sharp wood chisel .
Now what about the white sealant that he put down in error along the bath panel and basin pedestal, the latter should have been clear.

To remove that white sealant I would have thought that he should have to remove the bath panel again then remove the sealant along the bottom bath panel as it isn't required in these circumstances, what worries me is that he'll damage the lino and or bath panel when trying to remove the sealant.

Now what about the white sealant that he put down in error along the bath panel and basin pedestal, the latter should have been clear.

To remove that white sealant I would have thought that he should have to remove the bath panel again then remove the sealant along the bottom bath panel as it isn't required in these circumstances, what worries me is that he'll damage the lino and or bath panel when trying to remove the sealant.
Pedestal base should not require sealing , should just sit on flooring .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back