Sealants for CH Systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As an example: https://www.proweld.ie/product/c-tec-miracle-seal/

or http://tec7.ie/product/plumb7/

What is the consensus on this kind of a product? Will it save me the hassle of pulling up my carpets and floorboards?

Can I pour the product into the expansion tank outlet? Do I need to drain the system as much as possible first?

This cannot cause any damage to the boiler itself ,can it?

Are there any obvious mistakes to avoid?

Sponsored Links
I cant comment on the product itself except to say I would assume this will cause issues with bleed valves and other places where air and water can mix (my assumption on how the product works). I assume those product can only be used on certain systems and wonder if they would cause a pressure relief valve to fail and cause even more damage/injury?

I assume because your asking and referencing pulling up carpets and floorboards that you have a leak? Do you know where? how big? Material of the pipe/connector that has the leak? etc... We might be able to offer additional help.

I would expect most replies your going to receive are don't use those products and call a professional to do a real fix.

I cant comment on the product itself except to say I would assume this will cause issues with bleed valves and other places where air and water can mix (my assumption on how the product works). I assume those product can only be used on certain systems and wonder if they would cause a pressure relief valve to fail and cause even more damage/injury?

I assume because your asking and referencing pulling up carpets and floorboards that you have a leak? Do you know where? how big? Material of the pipe/connector that has the leak? etc... We might be able to offer additional help.

I would expect most replies your going to receive are don't use those products and call a professional to do a real fix.
Yes I have a leak. It is a slow one since all it does (so far) is discolour the ceiling. This is a very antiquated system with no fancy bleed valves. The leaking pipe is old rusty iron about 1.5 inch in diameter I would say.

Sponsored Links
I've used fernox leak sealer a couple of times with success.

Didn't know tec7 made one.
What I can't say is tec7 sealants (silicone type stuff) are very good quality so I'd expect their other products to be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back