Sealing around a hard to access soil pipe

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the mould is caused by cold air coming through the wall around the pipe. I can feel a breeze when I put my hand near the pipe.

Any suggestions on sealing the gap? I think I would struggle to get a foam gun or sealant nozzle to seal the half closest to the wall and floor.

DSC_0018.JPG

Sponsored Links
Do seal it up, but mould is caused by damp air against a cold surface, draughts actually reduce the mould. Unless they're from the bathroom into the loft of course.
Your mould is because that is cold wall, the heat from the room doesn't really get there and the internal temperature of the wall is too cold compared with the humidity in the room.

Sponsored Links
Can't access from outside unfortunately, the pipe goes through the cavity so I would have to take bricks out.

I guess I will have to wear gloves and try and and force silicone in the inaccesssable parts with my fingers, brick jointing tool, whatever.

I would just buy a sacrificial length of tubing to match a foam gun or nozzle and get some expanding foam in through that.

• Thanks
Reactions: bsr

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back