Sealing around main electricity cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, not strictly electrics I suppose.... long story but suspect we have mice; realised there is a biggish hole around the main electricity supply cable where it comes into the floor in the house. Guessing it's safe to fill the hole around the main, bigger cable? There is also a big gap between the main and interior cable, which I'm clearly loathe to poke around with... pretty sure the mice are getting in that route, so any ideas what to do? Pics might make more sense! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7691.JPG
    IMG_7691.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_7692.JPG
    IMG_7692.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_7697.JPG
    IMG_7697.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_7698.JPG
    IMG_7698.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 372
Sponsored Links
Exactly what I was thinking - just not sure if it's safe to put down the gap between the two cables themselves??

Sponsored Links
There's a really thick cable that's housing the smaller electric cable - one is inside the other if that makes sense. There's a big hole around the bigger main cable in the floor and also a small gap between the main cable and the smaller one - where it is actually going into the meter, assume the outer cable is for safety...sort of looks like a poster rolled up inside a tube....total novice DIYer so not sure how else to explain it....guess i can just plug the big hole in the floor with either wool or glass and pollyfilla and hope for the best?? Thanks!

Do you mean this?:

upload_2018-5-24_17-43-23.png

The cable is in some kind of ducting. You can stuff some wire wool in there, but I very much doubt mice are getting in the other end and using it to enter your house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back