Sealing bath to tiled wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a leak from around my bath and i cannot seal it.

Bath is sealed up to a fully tiled wall with flexible silicone but is still leaking!

I need something that will stick completely to the tiled wall?

I have been reading about the trim things but no one recommends.

Is there anything on the market?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Sponsored Links
To be honest probably the best thing for sealing a bath is a decent sillicone. I suspect in your case it just hasn't been applied very well.

Despite silicone sticking to most things, it doesn't stick very well to its self so the first thing to do is to remove all the existing silicone. You can gets chemicals to help remove it but it should peel/scrape away.

When the area is completely clear clean all surfaces you need to silicone with meths. They apply the silicone.

Are you 100% sure this where the bath is leaking from? Might be worth checking round the waste and check the tub for cracks.

Use a decent product, most people recommend Dow Corning 785

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dow-corning-785-white/58308

It is more expensive than some but worth the extra. It contains fungacide so shoudn't go black with mold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back