sealing concrete (finlock?) guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have concrete gutteting as shown in photo - think it is called finlock although may be wrong

I have no major issues with it, but a couple of small areas of damp inside level with the guttering - so think it could probably do with being resealed/relined

I have done lots of research and most people seem to say about having it removed and replaced with UPVC which I cannot afford (or really want) to do

Any suggestions on good DIY products I can use to reline or repaint inside it to make sure it is watertight and will last a few more years at least

Sponsored Links
You can Decothane it, or put a couple of layers of felt in. Both are really in need of professional application though. Prep is all. There are lining kits made for Finloc, but only as good as the installers, who all appear to be dire from what i've seen. The EPDM boys will be along shortly to advise its the only course of action and will last a million years. :mrgreen:

You can Decothane it, or put a couple of layers of felt in. Both are really in need of professional application though. Prep is all. There are lining kits made for Finloc, but only as good as the installers, who all appear to be dire from what i've seen. The EPDM boys will be along shortly to advise its the only course of action and will last a million years. :mrgreen:

Erm, it's 2 million actually :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
There is a product made by Everbuild called Aquapol....its a fibreglass/bitumen type product that will make light work of your job, its about £50 for a 5 litre tin but worth every penny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back