Sealing easifill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I skimmed over part of the wall next to a door with easifill on an area about 20cm x 90cm because it wasn’t level with the door frame. Its a bit softer than skim so I was wondering if there is any way to seal it against moisture and toughen it up a bit before I paint it?

Attachments

• 8D7E567E-FADD-4515-94BE-2E6847F6964C.jpeg
    8D7E567E-FADD-4515-94BE-2E6847F6964C.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
Whether it is necessary or not, may be up for debate; but I've used Dulux new plaster sealer, or Zinnser Gardz on large areas of fill.
It may be expensive, but has left a solid surface to work on, rather than having a soft mess from reactivated filler! :)

Whether it is necessary or not, may be up for debate; but I've used Dulux new plaster sealer, or Zinnser Gardz on large areas of fill.
It may be expensive, but has left a solid surface to work on, rather than having a soft mess from reactivated filler! :)
Thanks, and can I just paint over Z Gardz with emulsion?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, and can I just paint over Z Gardz with emulsion?
Yes, paint straight over with emulsion.
Careful with the first coat, as the roller may slide a bit over the surface!
...and try and get all the sanding/filliing done before using the Gardz - any sanding afterwards, can create a similar effect to pulling dried PVA off your fingers! :)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back