Sealing flaking paint surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of painting some bedrooms. The surface is painted plaster, which is generally in good condition, but there are areas of peeling. I am painting with a Dulux matt emulsion.

I have previously sanded down any areas with obvious peeling, but am still having some problems, in areas which I have either missed or which have started peeling after being painted.

I'd like to avoid stripping all of the walls, and I wondered if there is a good primer/sealer that I can use.

I see that Zissner do a Peel Stop product, but some of the reviews appear negative, claiming that it is just PVA, or PVA like.

Would another Zissner product, such as Bullseye or Cover Stain be appropriate?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

The picture below is an example of the original surface.

2gOVmKBl.jpg

Sponsored Links
OldKettle, good evening.

What age is the property? and is the "peeling" on external walls or does it appear all over the place?

Have the external walls been retro-filled with cavity insulation? if so do you know what type?

Ken.

OldKettle, good evening.

What age is the property? and is the "peeling" on external walls or does it appear all over the place?

Have the external walls been retro-filled with cavity insulation? if so do you know what type?

Ken.

Hi Ken.

The house is 1950s. The peeling is all over the place. It is perhaps marginally worse near the chimney breasts or external walls, but there is also plenty everywhere else.

I don't know about the presence of cavity insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back