sealing floorboards -stopping the draft get through 'em

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have the floor up in the master bedroom at the moment and although I was toying with the idea of insulating under them I've decided not to, incase I stop the airflow and cause damp/rot etc etc.

So quite simply, how do I stop the air blowing up through the floorboards. Can I just use a silicon the gaps up, to stop the wind blowing through?

Is there anythign speacial I should be using or is normal white silicon good for the job?

Sponsored Links
:( I bet it took you longer to type that than it would have to answer the question. Though you're right in your answer. :oops:

Thank you. Your magnanimity causes me to bow down before you.

But still use the search ! :D

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Your magnanimity causes me to bow down before you.

But still use the search ! :D

Okay I've had a search and my options appear to be:

1. pull up all the floor boards and put down some plywood, then floorboards on top - im not going to do this

2. silicon the joints.

Can someone please advise if silicon is okay, I have searched now and not found that great a deal on the subject.

Thank you very much.

Jon

Google Geocel Dow Corning . There are dozens of silicones - one will be right for the job a white one probably won`t :LOL:

saw it done once with sawdust and pva. mixa bit of pva in the dust to make a paste - fill cracks - when it hardens it's invisible...if you have got the sawdust from the same wood/type of wood!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back