Sealing Frame to Brickwork gaps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
The house is getting re-rendered. We noticed all the UPVC window and door frames (Everest?) have gaps of about 50mm between the frames and the surrounding brickwork. All have been plugged with used tissue.

I would like to seal the gaps properly. Can you recommend the proper way to do this please? Easiest would be expanding foam - any brands and specifications I need to look for?

Ta muchly :D

Sponsored Links
a 2 inch gap is rather large,dont think the new render will cover that much,so yes expanding foam probably is the way to go but i still think you will have to trim the windows up.

Sorry mate, what does "trim the windows up" mean??

Any special make, brand or spec for the expanding foam?

Ta

trim as in flat plastic,
http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/fascia_soffits_cladding_trims.html

about half way down,d mouldings/quad etc.
as for expanding foam dont know if theres much difference between the general stuff,but if your going to be doing this yourself then i would suggest you use a foam gun that way you shouldnt waste too much,in the cans it tends to go off if you leave it to long between jobs.

Sponsored Links
OK, that makes sense.

I have a feeling that the jobs going to be a one off and done whenever I get a few hours per day. I will look into the foam gun and balance off the costs with the aerosol stuff.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back