Sealing / jointing compound / Plumbers Mait

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a leak where the shower waste enters the soil stack. Thing is, the leak is not from the shower but from the toilet whenever flushed (shower waste enters stack below toilet). Noticed it as the stack is boxed in outside in the porch. Noticed the floor was getting wet whenever the toilet was flushed. I have removed all the boxing in and can see the shower waste where it enters the stack but access is very very limited. Is there any sealing / jointing compound I can load onto my fingers and squeeze into the shower entry spout to seal?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
is Plumbers Mait water proof. Could I pack this around the pipe to seal?

Is it a plastic stack or metal?

If plastic you should redo the joint with solvent weld. Forget the PM as it is only good on porcelain. Silicone may do temporary but I would redo. :D

Sponsored Links
Plumber's Mait is waterproof but won't do it. If it's a plastic stack, either redo the joint as has been suggested, or dry it off well and buy some Gap Filling Adhesive from a plumber's merchants. Apply this around the bottom of the joint, or even all the way round if you're feeling extravagant, and leave to set. Should do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back