sealing limestone mosaic tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Could somebody please tell me when I should seal the limestone mosaic tiles (white) which I am planning to use as part of my kitchen wall?

Do I seal them before tiling onto the wall, just before grouting or after grouting?

many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It is usual to seal after fixing to the wall but before grouting. However if you feel that you are likely to get adhesive on the face of the mosaic and are not confident of keeping them clean whilst fixing then it is perfectly acceptable to do them before fixing.

Make sure you have a suitable adhesive such as BAL mosaic fix which has the abvantage of being bright white so if a bit oozes through the gaps it wont show in the grout. Use a trowel with a 4mm notch again to prevent ooze out, and go for a powdered grout not readymixed.

Jason

Thanks Jasonb

I will seal the tiles prior to tiling. I was worried that the sealer may hamper the adhesiveness of the tile to the wall.

I hope the local ToppsTiles to see if they have the adhesive that you mentioned.

Sponsored Links
Try not to get any of the sealer on the back of the tiles as this will affect the bond.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back