Grouting Distressed/Tumbled Mosaic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

ive tiled my kitchen and shower cubicle with little issues. However my good lady wife has chosen a distressed/tumbled mosaic for round the bath. Ive tiled it and am about to grout BUT using a standard grout float im just going to fill all the holes and scratches on the tiles with grout. And it would be difficult to remove with a sponge. Far more difficult that grouting standard glazed mosaics. Any tips or suggestions before i start.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just grout over the lot. Don't bother trying to remove the grout from the holes. I have a row of those mosaic tiles as a border round my bath - I just grouted over everything with limestone coloured grout and it looks fine.
Mosaicgrout.jpg

Gcol

Are the mosaics natural stone, if they are you must seal them before grouting otherwise they will stain and you will never ger them clean.

Also if the gaps are over 4mm wide you should be using a wide joint grout.

Jason

Sponsored Links
i have just tiled complete bathroom with 2 borders of natural stone , i sealed them first to stop grout staining and then used a cox pointing/grouting gun, they are similar to the standard gun you would use for applying sealant around a bath but they are refillable, they do a really great job with no mess and the joints are filled with no voids, i would recommend this method as its faster and cleaner than the usual method for grouting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back