sealing shower tray onto floorboards + tanking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im about to fit a low profile stone resin quadrant tray direct onto floorboards..
flooorboard are solid no movement,,,, ive also brought some easybath tanking also
couple questions

whats best to bed shower tray down with ??? i fear sand cement mix would crack up over time

how do i seal using this tanking system do i seal all the floor first ? or do i lay the tray and seal up to the tray with the flexible tape of tanking kit

Do i lay the plastic sheeting over floorboarrds and also seal this to walls

help much apreciated

Sponsored Links
A search on this subject and you will find its been done to death.

Lay marine ply first, then lay your membrane.

Mix up a bucket worth of sand cement with any plaster, finish or bonding.
3 sand, 2 plaster and 1 cement, wetish mix. put small spots all round and several in middle where you will stand. Lay the tray and level.

After 30 mins or so you can stand on tray and it wont move,,,, Trust me ;)

Incidently,,, I dont know why your using tanking!!!
The other chaps will give advice on that. Sorry Iam off to a dinner party now:cool:
Enjoy your weekend ;)

that is contary to what most people say
on this site people recommend tanking shower areahence why i bought the kit!!
does the plastic sheeeting supplied in kit go onto floor over floorboards and then obviously tank walls and use sealing strip on joins??????????
thanks

Sponsored Links
has anybody got a definite answer to the question

do i put plastic sheeting underneath shower tray and tank the walls sealing with the plastic sheeting on floor

also does the sealant strip go between wall and shower tray
or wall and floor

thanks

I ensure the wall around the shower is not plasterboard (I use Hardy Wallbacker) and then it is tanked with a tanking kit.

For floors do some web research! I use thick marine ply, then adhesive, then tiles. If it was a wetroom floor I would tank the floor.

Never used the seal you mention. I put tray in, tile to tray (make sure tiles overlap into tray slightly).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back