Seasonal ELV outdoor plug/socket question

I remember checking.

I remember finding out that I didn't have any/enough.

I remember buying some in a local shop, which were not the right sort, and returning them.

I remember finding an online supplier.

So I've remembered 4/5 - surely you can manage the last one?

Sponsored Links
I remember checking. I remember finding out that I didn't have any/enough. I remember buying some in a local shop, which were not the right sort, and returning them.
I guess they must have been the ones to which you were referring when you wrote (presumably before discovering that they were the wrong type, and hence returning them):
I need to get them down before xmas as I want to check if some spare lamps I bought are the right type, so I'll have another look.
... but you subsequently wrote nothing more about spare lamps - so, as for ....
I remember finding an online supplier. So I've remembered 4/5 - surely you can manage the last one?
...I'm afraid no-one can help with the remembering other than yourself!

Kind Regards, John

I don't think I've seen an actual 2-pin DIN on Christmas lights, but the same sort of (maybe identical) pin layout (one flat 'pin' and one thin circular one)

Kind Regards, John

Yes that is a 2 pin DIN, its the layout of the pins that count, not the cover

Sponsored Links
I don't think I've seen an actual 2-pin DIN on Christmas lights, but the same sort of (maybe identical) pin layout (one flat 'pin' and one thin circular one) ...
Fair enough - but the Christmas lights ones often have a plastic 'lug' alongside, and close to, the flat pin, so they wouldn't mate with a standard 2-pin DIN socket.

Kind Regards, John

I don't think I've seen an actual 2-pin DIN on Christmas lights, but the same sort of (maybe identical) pin layout (one flat 'pin' and one thin circular one) ...
Fair enough - but the Christmas lights ones often have a plastic 'lug' alongside, and close to, the flat pin, so they wouldn't mate with a standard 2-pin DIN socket.

Kind Regards, John

Fair comment, I haven't come aross it yet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back