seat ibiza toca 2015 knocking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, a knocking noise behind the glove compartment has started when i start the engine which lasts for about 10 seconds also it starts knocking when i put it into reverse. no noise when driving, any ideas and help please.

Sponsored Links
Bizarre!
There's nothing behind there but some air direction flaps so try again with all heating and air conditioning switches off.
It is possible though that sound can transmit from the engine bay which could be misleading......I'm wondering if the carbon canister, that absorbs fumes from the fuel tank is in that region. It is valve controlled and they can chatter but I don't know that particular vehicle unfortunately.
John :)

This started while on holiday, back home now so Iv'e done some research and it looks like the recycling flap motor which is behind the glove box, its a common problem on VW's. It looks like a real pain in the A*** to get to, when it stops raining I will take out the glove box and test it and then go to the SEAT dealer for a new one.

Sponsored Links
@JasonF I have the exact same issue - the knocking nose start only when putting reverse or turning on the AC

any ideas on how I can fix this?

There is a reset procedure for the flap motors on some Vag cars with climate control, worth googling it to see if it can be done on yours.

Sponsored Links
Back