second opinion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
iv just moved into a new area about 20miles from where a majority of my customers are. just wondering if you think flyering an introductory offer of boiler service for a reduced price would be a good idea and if you think it could have any negative effect eg annoy other local plumbers

iv moved into a 4 year old estate which only has 2 types of system, one a potterton powermax he 115 and the other an unvented cylinder with system boiler. i would be thinking abut offering the service on the powermax for around the £40 mark and joint service on the boiler and cylinder for £60.

im not only doing it for the extra business now but using it as a networking tool to build a client base closer to my new home, the offer would be for a limited time only which would be stated in the flyer and i would also be including a business card with the flyer.

am i missing anything? any thoughts?

thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
ha, thats what i was thinking. there is one guy who apparently services all the powermax's and he is from leed (i live in leyland) but the GASGUYS apparently do all the unvented cylinders and system boilers, checked them out on GSR website and they look bigger than me.

do you think it would be better to just advertise my services rather than special offers then?

can't be no harm in special offers
how do they know you have only just moved there ?
i get many flyers and discount cards through the door in the local free paper but i don't get the a*se about it.

its a free country unless its abit of a rough area.

Sponsored Links
I would be more worried about servicing a powermax than upsetting the locals

I would be more worried about servicing a powermax than upsetting the locals
if its the newer ones they're alright, no worse then any condenser, except they always leak condense water everywhere :D

nah its a decent area so should be ok, iv got a powermax and have done the course too and dont find them too bad, especially the HE version apposed to the range.

what would you usually charge for doing the cylinder and boiler? dont wanna be too cheap.

I was also wondering about servicing a difficult boiler for just £40 !

We charge £55 in London but thats meant to be during the summer unless for existing customers. ( More for BBUs )

I have also been planning to increase it for any boiler which needs seals replaced and/or an FGA if required by the MI.

I would suggest an advert in the local newspaper just offering your usual services and giving each customer say five of your cards to give to their friends and neighbours if they are happy with your work.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back