Secondary Glazing mount point ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the 1930's house I bought is mostly double glazed but there are a couple of stained glass windows that on the inside of the frames I've noticed a couple of mount points like hinges that I suspect might have been used for hanging some form of secondary glazing in the past. I've taken a look around the web for something that could use these mounting points but not come across anything. Has anyone else seen such mounting points before and any clue where I could find secondary glazing that might be able to make use of them ?

Thanks

IMG_20160923_185738.jpg

20160930_181558.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I'm not sure but they don't look like hangs for secondary glazings. May be others, blinds for example.

Ah ok thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if the best plan is to get some double glazed panels made up and embed them in the inside of the frame.

Sponsored Links
The fittings at the left side remind me of ones for an old shower door. I can't find them online though.
If you don't need to open these windows often, and if the handle doesn't protrude inwards, then I'd consider a magnetic-edged polycarbonate or acrylic secondary pannel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back