Secondary Glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'd like to install secondary glazing to a sash window in order to reduce the noise level. I've seen internet websites selling "aluminium secondary glazing system anchored into a hardwood subframe" for self-install. Is the installation simple? What kind of tools will I need? Have you ever installed it?

Sponsored Links
Ii installed several kits in our last house. All they needed to install were a bradawl and a Pozidriv #2 screwdriver. Ours came in at almost the exact sizes which were needed, but I seem to recall that you could resize them using a hand saw, a mitre block and a Stanley kniife.

Scrit

Have you thought about draft/sound proofing the sash window combined with double glazed sashes would make a huge improvement and you still get an accessable attractive window!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back