Secura Lite mortarless retaining wall - anyone used it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

my garden level is around 90cm above the pavement and I am looking to put in some form of retaining wall. This will allow me to backfill and gain some extra garden space.

I’ve got planning permission for a 6ft brick wall with fence panels between the pillars. The cost (circa £15k) along with our only being 3ft high on the garden side has made me second guess the plan. I’m now thinking a smaller 1m high wall might work and I will line the inside with hedging to provide some screening / enclosure.

I’ve come across Tobermore’s Secura Lite walling which looks great. It says it’s suitable for use as a retaining wall and has an advantage that it’s mortarless, doesn’t require a concrete foundation, and is DIY (a project I’m happy to attempt).

I have found 1 example on here of it being used and it looks great. I wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with this walling who could provide some feedback. Tobermore are based in NI and some of the older posts indicate it may be hard to get hold of in southern England. Given the current situation it’s near on impossible to get any products but wondered if anyone in the south uses Tobermore products.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)
Greg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back