Tobermore Secura Lite Walling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to use this product to build some small retaining walls in our garden. I have been in touch with Tobermore and they provided me with my local stockists.

I need 7 pallets of the blocks and the local company based in England have quoted me £305 plus VAT a pallet. I happened to find a supplier in Northern Ireland who said they will ship to England but on asking he said Tobermore have banned them from doing so. He priced them up for me anyway and their quote was £205 a pallet including VAT.

Has anyone any experience with Tobermore and if they will provide more discount in England - £150 a pallet difference is nearly £1000. I have looked at transporting myself and can get that done for about £500. I am going to pick the samples up at the weekend so will talk to the UK supplier then to see what they can do.

I realise there are tranportation costs but the difference is huge.

Sponsored Links
I am in northern ireland and use them all the time. As far as I gather there are agreements in place to stop this happening as obviously it totally screws suppliers in Scotland and England who Tobermore are keen to increase in number.

Try approaching them about a trade price, they do a trade discount of 15%ish here.

If all else fails find an independant merchant here who will happily pallet it up for you. If you need the name of one pm me.

I am in northern ireland and use them all the time. As far as I gather there are agreements in place to stop this happening as obviously it totally screws suppliers in Scotland and England who Tobermore are keen to increase in number.

Try approaching them about a trade price, they do a trade discount of 15%ish here.

If all else fails find an independant merchant here who will happily pallet it up for you. If you need the name of one pm me.

Thanks I may do just that - the company I spoke to did say they would be willing to sell it to me if I arranged collection. I am going to try my mainland stockist first - the other challenge was they want a part load fee as well - although again the guy at my local stockist did say if I was in no rush they would wait to order it until they could get a full load together.

You would think if they were trying to increase their England stockists then one thing they may want to look at is the cost differentials!

Sponsored Links
You are looking at it from a customer point of view. Protecting higher margins is a great way to upsell to new stockists. Its going to become more problematic ad they expand further and further south into England.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back