Securing a shed to Concrete slabs (moved from Information)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to secure an allotment shed to loose laid (not cemented down) concrete slabs. The wind can get up on the allotments and its for a bit of extra security. I will have to use a cordless drill as there is no electric on site, and I will be purchasing a new one as the old B&D is past its sell by date - maybe a De Walt? Any other suggestions would be a big help.

Would expansion bolts do to secure the shed? the slabs are 3 x 2's

Sponsored Links
I would dig concrete post spurs into the ground and bolt the frame of the shed to them.

Thanks John, but unfortunately on an allotment a permanent fixture that involves concrete is not permitted. If I give up the allotment in a year or two, the plot has to be returned with no permanent fixtures. That is why I had to use loose laid slabs - they can be taken up fairly easily. Good idea for the new one in the back garden though. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back