Securing domestic oil storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First, apologies if this is in the wrong section but it seems the most appropriate.

In view of the recent increase in the number of thefts of domestic heating oil, I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations to make?

I have considered fitting a security light but have read that this is the first thing they immobilize, also the tank being closed to the road could be set off from road users, although it only leads to a couple of further properties.

Second I considered erecting a shed over it but have read that that is not legal.

I would welcome any suggestions on this problem.

Regards

David

Sponsored Links
locking cap with pad lock?

mind you, you could go the whole 9 yards and have cctv cameras looking at it and a flood light

You can get stand alone radio PIR detectors that work back to a 'plug-in' receiver (in the bedroom?) that will sound just a buzzer, or what you make it do.

Way in the past I've fitted many of these for friends and family to protect their cars, always worked well never any problems.

If I can remember who makes them I'll re post

Sponsored Links
You can get stand alone radio PIR detectors that work back to a 'plug-in' receiver (in the bedroom?) that will sound just a buzzer, or what you make it do.

Way in the past I've fitted many of these for friends and family to protect their cars, always worked well never any problems.

If I can remember who makes them I'll re post

Thanks

That would be handy if you can remember the source

Can't remember I'm afraid - but, have a look on Google (UK) for 'wireless driveway alarm', there are dozens to choose from.

Don't go for the cheapest though, see if you can find one from a manufacturer you recognize.

A couple of receivers might be a good idea, one up, one down?

When you are away, on good terms with a close neighbour? Ask if you can a receiver in their house.

Again if I can find what I'm looking for, I'll repost

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back