External positioning of gas cylinder near oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm about to move into a property that currently has oil central heating and electric cooker.

The property is way above the snow line and power cuts are frequent in winter so I was considering installing a gas cooker using externally placed gas cylinders so I can still cook when I have no power. I also have a gas cooker in storage and have no desire to purchase an oil powered cooking device!

There are two exterior wall available, the most accessible of which has the oil boiler located; the other wall has the front door.

Are there any regs/rules/etc governing the proximity of gas cylinders (obviously secured to the wall) to oil boilers? Or to a house entrance?

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
I cannot comment on the closeness of gas and oil boiler, But I would point out that your oil heating will also require some electricity, if only to run the burner and pump ( around 200watts max) so if you are expecting power cuts it would be worth investing in a small generator or batteries and an invertor. You could possibly have a larger generator to run the cooker or scrap the boiler and invest in an oil fired range cooker/boiler, you can find them on e-bay for silly money.

Thanks Maltron.

The house has a fire, so keeping warm isn't an issue. I'm used to power cuts anyway, and keep the camping stove handy in my current property!

I simply don't have the money for solar panels/batteries/generators but it's a great idea.

Steve

Sponsored Links
For the sake of completion and in case anybody else does a similar search, apparently the minimum distance is 1.5m

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back