Securitech Active 5 - front door opening activates alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can help ... we have lived in our house for 9 years now, and have never actually done anything with the burglar alarm, and it has never went off in that time for any reason, therefore we assumed it must be deactivated.

However, on returning to the house one day, the alarm went off when I entered the front door. Fortunately a family member guessed the code to reset it ie the default code, and this stopped it.

However, I am now in the position of not being able to use the front door of the house, as the alarm goes off and needs reset each time. I have tried to fsthom the User Instructions which I found on the alarm box, but I honestly cannot make head nor tail of what to do, and am worried trying to 'play around' with it could make it worse. At least we can get in and out the back door for the moment.

Can anyone help please ? If more information is required please let me know...I have never ever had an alarm before and have no idea what to do, and I am worried that if I contact an alarm engineer company it may result in a huge bill which I cannot afford just now.

many thanks,
dev

Sponsored Links
What type of panel is it and are you a bit handy? (ie can you wire a plug?)

Your panel has defaulted , and your zone one is now a PA zone , and will trigger whenever opened.You need the system programming to your requirements.Either search for the engineers manual ( altho if you don't understand the user guide , you are in trouble :)), or go to ukpanels who will help you to re-program.

Thanks for replies folks .... the panel says C&K Securitech Active 5. Definitely not handy, I can wire a plug but thats about the limit !

There is no engineers manual, only thing left in the house was the user manual, and unless I am misunderstanding it, it doesnt seem to offer anything that can fix the situation.

Do you know if there any way to set it to a disabled state via the panel, since I have the code ?

If we could only get it back to as it was, ie (apparently) disabled, that would do for now, and I can then try to get help on ukpanels to sort it out properly (thanks for the tip about that).

Sponsored Links
Hi dev, pm your email address and i will send you the engineer manual.

find the power supply and disconnect it. It may bleep or hoot while the internal battery runs down, but if it is old the battery may not be holding much of a charge.

The simplest way of stopping it for the time being would be to take the magnet off the front door. That way, the contact can't trigger again...

Best way is to take off the door contact and undo the wires going to the silver terminal and twist them together then fasten them to any spare terminal.

Thanks everyone. Had a look at the door and can't see anything obvious that could be magnet or contacts, its not ovbious at all where the alarm is triggered from. Will have a look tomorrow when its light. Hopefully the engineer manual may help when I get it too, thanks for that also mryoung.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back