Security cam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

there’s a ton of options out there for security cams. I have a coal bunker with a hatch and I want to store my tools in there.

the issue is it’s behind a greenhouse and a fence so it’s an easy place for someone to work in peace getting through the hatch. So I want a security cam above it. Probably needs to be lit too.

I have a hole for what was the arial coming in, so I could run a cable tacked to the outside of the house, ideally this would lead to a plug in unit as I have sockets right by where the arial used to come in.

I also see battery powered wireless ones which I’m concerned over as a/ I have to recharge it constantly and b/ not sure if it can light it up and let me speak to any would be burglar if I’m out.

If anyone has any advice on how to do this then I’d be really grateful for some advice.

Sponsored Links
Cameras won’t stop anybody nicking your tools …plus with the current covid situation you don’t get stopped for having a mask on and hoodie

Cameras won’t stop anybody nicking your tools …plus with the current covid situation you don’t get stopped for having a mask on and hoodie

yes but the camera will notify me they are there and I can speak to them and tell them I’m on my way or coming downstairs.

there are massive benefits to 2 way security cameras.

You won’t ever make your house burglar proof, unless you have no windows and iron doors.

the best chance you have therefore is detection which gives me a fighting chance of either disturbing them or calling the cops.

I’ve gotten rid of ones trying my neighbours house by disturbing them with a large implement.

it’s knowing they are there which is crucial.

one of my neighbours is a massive bloke and one call to him would get rid of the issue.

You'd be better off with a self contained PIR and sounder that will give the thief a fright and alert you as well.

Sponsored Links
Granted visuals can be difficult however high res full colour may get you enough for a recognised villain.

two way and audio like live guard Tioc accusense and others maybe suitable, even euffy I have seen deter unwanted visitors due to two way coms.

but it does rely on you acting on the notifications asap.

Granted visuals can be difficult however high res full colour may get you enough for a recognised villain.

two way and audio like live guard Tioc accusense and others maybe suitable, even euffy I have seen deter unwanted visitors due to two way coms.

but it does rely on you acting on the notifications asap.

This was my idea, doubt CCTV evidence is getting your stuff back but might let me make it to the door with a 2b4.

In my experience 99% of burglars run at the first sign of disturbance.

You'd be better off with a self contained PIR and sounder that will give the thief a fright and alert you as well.

I’m not sure what that is, is it a burglar alarm?

sounds like that would cost a lot more if I’m not mistaken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back